Wednesday, March 26, 2008

iPhone

Well iPhone is setup now. My communications provider (Vodafone) made a mistake when they entered the number into the big system. So I have been a week without phone access which kind of sucked since it was a long weekend and I could not get them to tell me what was wrong as they were closed.

Computer systems and user input there has got to be a better way. Hopefully Vodafone can improve on this issue for future people. But my main gripe is that the process is fundamentally flawed it should have never relied on human input! 

Being part of the IT industry what can one do to stop this kind of thing happening not just for comms companies but in general when you buy a service? Should these kind of things all be relegated to something like a vending or a ticketing machine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home